Camp Wanna-Huck-It is an ultimate hat tournament and much more. It’s a weekend of ultimate, goaltimate, fricket, campfires, parties, and all around good times. It’s an unforgettable weekend of fun in a beautiful summer camp setting for lovers of ultimate and all things disc ages 21 and up.
When: May 26 - 28, 2017
Arrival and welcome party Friday evening. Games and activities Saturday and Sunday
Where: Camp Shaw-Waw-Nas-See, near Manteno, IL
Just an hour south of Chicago, it’s easy to get there but feels a world away.
- Early registration (March 18 - 31): $98
- Regular registration (April 1 - May 11): $120
If you do not have an Ultimate Chicago profile, you will need to create one before you can sign up.
Registration fee includes two nights stay in woodland bunk houses, meals provided by the camp, and two days of Ultimate, disc activities, and an unforgettable social event. Space is limited. Sign up today!
Connect on Facebook for more information or follow @wannahuckit on Twitter.
Questions? Contact Stephanie Folk at wannahuckit (at) gmail.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: What is Camp Wanna-Huck-It? A: It’s an ultimate hat tournament. It’s a summer camp experience for adults. It’s a weekend of ultimate, goaltimate, disc golf, games, campfires, parties, and more. It’s an unforgettable weekend of fun in a beautiful summer camp setting.
- Q: Is Camp for me? A: If you are age 21 or older, and you like fun, camp is for you! The hat tournament portion of the event is designed for ultimate players of all levels of athleticism and experience. The other activities are fun for anyone who likes tossing a disc in a beautiful, natural setting. Participants have ranged from beginners to seasoned competitive club players.
- Q: What are these “other activities?” A: The hat tournament is only part of this epic weekend. You’ll have a chance to try out other fun activities including disc golf, fricket, goaltimate, and our own invention, disc archery! Jump in and play and you’ll earn badges and complete for spirit prizes.
- Q: I can’t or don't play ultimate. Can I still come and hang out or participate in other activities? A: Yes! But you still have to register and pay! If you are injured, retired from the game, or otherwise unable to play ultimate, you are still welcome at camp! However, you will still need to register for the event and pay the full registration fee. Participants who do not plan to play ultimate should email the camp organizers so we can plan teams accordingly. (Email counselor Mayhem at smfolk at gmail.com.)
- Q: Is there a party? A: Yes, of course! There will be fun of all sorts both Friday night and Saturday night. Whether you’re in the mood for a sing along by the crackling campfire, or dancing the night away at the disco pavillion, there’s plenty of fun all evening and into the night.
- Q: How much does it cost? A: Registration is $98 per person if you register by the end of March. Late registration (April 1 - May 11) is $120. The fee is the same for all participants, whether you are participating in the hat tournament or just the activities.
- Q: What's included? A: The registration fee includes accommodation in cabins, access to showers in the central bathhouse, breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Saturday, and breakfast on Sunday. In an effort to keep registration costs down, this year the event will be mostly BYOB, with some beer provided.
- Q: Can I sign up with a friend? A: Yes, you can buddy with one other person and we will do our best to place you and your buddy on the same team. You can form a buddy group of 3 if at least one member of the groups is female and or is new to ultimate. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to buddy with a third player and we’ll help you out.
- Q: What’s the deadline to sign up? A: Registration closes May 11, but space is limited. Sign up today!
- Q: I can only come for part of the event. Do I still have to pay the full price? A: Yes, anyone who wants to be at any part of the event must register by the May 11 deadline and must pay the full price.
- Q: I just want to come hang out at the camp. Do I still have to pay? A: Yes. This is a closed event. In order to attend, you must register by the May 11 deadline and pay the full registration fee.
- Q: Will I get a refund if the weather is bad? A: No. Camp goes on rain or shine. There’s an awesome dining hall and a covered party shelter, and plenty of opportunities to have fun even if the weather drives us inside.