- 1 of 11
Fall League Commissioner Wanted!
Ultimate Chicago is searching for a commissioner for 2015 Fall League. If interested, please email the UC Board by July 31st explaining why you want to be League Commissioner, your vision for the league, and what, if any long-term changes you would like to see implemented for your league and Ultimate Chicago in general. Full job description for the Fall League Commissioner can be viewed below. All applications due by July 31st.
Job Title: 2015 Fall League League Commissioner
Reports to: Ultimate Chicago Board of Directors
The League Commissioner is responsible for the organization, planning, and execution of an Ultimate Chicago League in coordination with the Board of Directors.
The League Commissioner will be given general guidelines for league format, scheduling of the league, and financial goals. The League Commissioner may build their own team of volunteers to assist in running League and is responsible for managing an agreed upon budget.
- Submit league proposal to UC board of Directors for approval, including budget based on parameters determined by UC Board; estimated league makeup, including number of teams and divisions; plan to attract and retain women players; plan to attract, train and retain qualified captains; plan to promote and recognize Spirit of the Game.
- Work with UC Board liaison to report league progress and address any issues that require UC Board approval or action. Work with pertinent UC Board Committees on any related issues.
- Ensure good relationship with Park Districts and Forest Preserve District and ensure good field condition is maintained. This also includes coordinating with other sports which may be using the fields at the same time or after games are occurring.
- Responsible for checking and communicating field conditions to teams. The League Commissioner must either check fields themselves or coordinate designated contacts for checking the fields. Communication about field status must come from the League Commissioner.
- Work with web administrators to initiate registration process.
- Manage overall team construction.
- Respond to league-related inquiries.
- Resolve and respond to league registration issues (payment, waivers, buddy pairings, etc.). Create game schedules and locations for each League division.
- Ensure scores and spirit rankings are properly reported during the season.
- Organize and oversee the end of season tournament.
- Work with UC Board to create and administer post-season survey.
- Issue end-of-season report to UC Board including any lessons learned from the season, report on captain performance and feedback, and suggestions for next year.
A stipend will be paid for successfully executing the responsibilities of League Commissioner (including those described above) to be delivered as agreed upon by the UC Board and League Commissioner.
Submit a statement to the UC Board firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31st explaining why you want to be League Commissioner, your visiton for the league, and what, if any long-term changes you would like to see implemented for your league and Ultimate Chicago in general.